Through hours of in-house research and thousands of miles of real world testing, ICON engineers have identified the limiting factors of the 1996-2004 Toyota Tacoma and 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner OEM upper control arms and developed a kit to address these limits. Like all ICON tubular upper control arms, these are constructed from CNC bent 1026 DOM steel tubing and then powder coated to a semi-gloss black finish for maximum strength and corrosion resistance. These arms are engineered with built-in geometry correction for optimal alignment specifications and increased caster for confidence inspiring handling. The robust, two piece steel taper adapter clamps from both sides of the spindle to distribute the extreme forces seen during aggressive off-road driving while CNC machining provides a precise, OE style fit for the Delta Joint taper pin. These upper control arms feature ICON's patented Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Direct bolt-in design makes for a simple and straightforward installation
- Patented Delta Joint (U.S. Pat. 10,731,700) combines the durability and weather resistance of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a uniball
- CNC machined steel taper adapter
- 1026 DOM steel construction
- CNC bent and notched tubing
- Serviceable dual stage bushings
- CNC machined bushing housings and sleeves
- Built-In caster correction
- Black semi-gloss powder coat finish
- Delta Joint upper control arms carry ICON's exclusive 5 year limited warranty when used in a complete ICON suspension system
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- TECH NOTE: DOES NOT FIT 5 LUG TACOMA MODELS
Don't take our word for it
When I heard they were a dealer for Morimoto lighting and Carven Exhaust I didn’t even hesitate to order from them!
Got multiple parts here for my car. Great service and very knowledgeable staff as well to help you with whatever you need!
I am very happy I found this part very good quality good price and above all very effective.😊👌🏼☆☆☆☆☆
Fast, knowledgeable and good pricing